AT GET THE FUNK OUT®, WE MAKE NATURAL, SAFE, NON-TOXIC PRODUCTS FOR EVERYDAY LIFE.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Get The Funk Out® deodorizers and liquid soaps as well as Butter Me Up® have been manufacturing quality natural products in Ottawa, Canada since 2011.
- We are members of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics Business Network – advocating against the use of harmful ingredients that have been publicly labeled as “toxic”, “carcinogenic”, “hormone disrupting” and “cancer causing”.
- We are certified cruelty-free by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program
- We’re also partners with Humane Society International, proudly supporting the #BeCrueltyFree Canada campaign.
- We are members of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild – the only international non-profit trade association promoting the benefits of handcrafted soap and cosmetics. Working together to give a voice to our industry.
- We are trained and certified in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) for Natural Health Products manufacturing
- Our products are handmade in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
EVERY PRODUCT HAS A PURPOSE. NO FLUFF. NO BS.
All of our products are inspired by our philosophy of “what goes on, goes in” and a desire to have safe, natural and environmentally friendly products, void in harmful ingredients and wasteful packaging.
Every product we make has a purpose. Every ingredient we use is to meet the purpose - not for fluff or fragrance.
- contain no synthetics, toxic chemicals or animal byproducts.
- are 100% natural; using only plant materials including butters, oils, essential oils and hydrosols
- are 100% Vegan; our ingredients contain no animals or animal byproducts (ie. beeswax, milk, egg, carmine)
- are registered with Health Canada (Cosmetic) and the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
- We use packaging that can be re-used, re-purposed, re-filled, or composted
- The plastic we use (PET) is highly durable, non-leeching, and the best form of plastic for recycling - we view recycling as ‘the last choice’
- We use aluminum canisters for refilling our plastic containers. Aluminum is a highly desirable material, and the canister is also reusable, refillable or recyclable.
- Our glass bottles and jars are tinted due to maintain the stability of our ingredients within. They are thick and durable - but please don’t test that!
Learn more about the products we make and our purposeful philosophy.