Naturewatch Foundation endorses DEMES as a reliable Cruelty-free company from top-to-tail
DATE: September 10, 2020
PRESS RELEASE: For immediate Release
It’s official! DEMES is cruelty-free ‘from top to tail’!
DEMES Natural Products is delighted to announce that its products have been officially approved as cruelty-free by animal welfare charity, Naturewatch Foundation.
Thousands of discerning consumers rely on Naturewatch Foundation’s long-established Compassionate Shopping Guide to avoid inadvertently supporting businesses that ultimately benefit from animal testing.
To be included DEMES had to comply with the charity’s strict endorsement criteria and demonstrate a genuinely cruelty-free organisation – ‘from top to tail’.
Although many brands claim to be cruelty-free, further investigation often reveals that parent companies aren’t as squeaky clean as some of their offspring.
Being certain that brands are completely cruelty free is an ethical minefield that Naturewatch Foundation helps animal-loving shoppers to navigate. Endorsed companies must use the same ‘Fixed Cut-Off Date’ animal testing policy throughout their entire operation – including the parent company and any subsidiaries.
Caroline Ruane, Chief Executive at the Gloucestershire-based charity, says:
“Naturewatch Foundation is proud to include DEMES in the Compassionate Shopping Guide! Our supporters vote with their wallets, and only buy from companies they know are truly cruelty-free from top to tail. The fact that we sometimes turn down applications from big names highlights that getting our stamp of approval is a fantastic achievement for DEMES. Together, we’ll show the world that cruelty-free commerce can become the dominant model!”
“It’s an honour to be listed and endorsed by Naturewatch Foundation as a reliable cruelty-free company from top-to-tail. DEMES has been cruelty-free since 2013, and we continue to strive for animal rights and the global legislative banning of cosmetic testing on animals” says Michelle Groulx, Founder and President of DEMES Natural Products.
To celebrate the launch of the cruelty-free guide, DEMES is offering 25% off every order until September 30, 2020, when the code naturewatch25 is used at demesnatural.com
To check out the online version of the Compassionate Shopping Guide, visit https://compassionateshoppingguide.org/
--------------- END ---------------
About DEMES Natural Products
DEMES is a family owned company based in Ontario, Canada. DEMES manufactures personal care, cosmetics, and lifestyle products that are natural, plant-based, and eco-friendly.
About Naturewatch Foundation
Naturewatch Foundation is a registered charity that has been speaking out on behalf of animals for over 25 years by:
- Publishing the Compassionate Shopping Guide (since 1993)
- Campaigning peacefully against animal abuse
- Lobbying to improve animal protection legislation
- Raising awareness through education
- Supporting the World Animal Day movement to raise the status of animals around the globe
49 Rodney Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 1HX | www.naturewatch.org
Naturewatch Foundation’s Compassionate Shopping Guide
The Compassionate Shopping Guide has been in print since 1993 and is now on its 15th edition. It’s packed with cosmetics, personal care, pet care products and household cleaners from a variety of companies that measure up to the charity’s strict endorsement criteria.
Previously only available in print, Naturewatch Foundation now offers a free online guide to cruelty-free shoppers – https://compassionateshoppingguide.org/
Fixed Cut-Off Date (FCOD) animal testing policy
Naturewatch Foundation’s Compassionate Shopping Guide ONLY endorses brands that have ZERO ties to animal testing.
- The FCOD animal testing policy is recognised as the benchmark for cruelty-free cosmetics/toiletries and household cleaning products.
- Virtually all ingredients have been tested on animals in the past and testing new ingredients for these products is an ongoing activity in many countries.
- Companies that employ the FCOD policy won’t use any ingredient tested on animals after their FCOD, and will insist that their suppliers comply with this.
- Any brands subsequently purchased by a parent company that doesn’t adhere to an acceptable FCOD will have their endorsement revoked by Naturewatch Foundation.